Monday, June 16, 2008

T-Minus One Week and Counting

Alright... I broke my streak of daily updating, which is my goal in Germany (probably unattainable, but its better to shoot high and fail, than not try at all, right?)

Today my finances were wired over to TEAM. My flight leaves a week from today, and I won't be back until mid August. I'm really looking forward to getting over to Germany and starting to work. But I also know I've got a few minor hurdles to jump over yet before taking off: finishing off work, packing, and most importantly making sure that I have everything that I need before its too late to go out shopping (I guess Super WalMart near parmatown is 24hrs... But do I really want to make a shopping trip at 3 am. on Sunday... Not really).

Its either really dumb of me, or a really good thing that what I'm most worried about is a short layover in Paris. I'm just having memories of trying to get through Charles De Gaul international airport as quickly as possible... and remembering how incredibly fun it was (sarcasm intended). I've got one hour to get from my incoming flight to my outgoing flight... and it takes forever to get across the airport... and I don't speak French...

Otherwise life is really good. I can't complain. Germany is playing in a must win Euro Cup game this afternoon against Austria... a team which we should beat. America beat up on Barbados in their first World Cup Qualifier (for the 1010 cup). I should have a chance to hang out with some friends before I leave, and say goodbye to people for the next couple of months, which is always nice to do Psychologically speaking. So, I'm a little nervous, about the last little details, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting over there and getting my hands dirty!

No comments: