Monday, June 30, 2008

The agony of defeat...


So we lost the Euro 2008 championship last night. Disappointing to say the least, but not all that surprising. Spain played the better game yesterday, and with as many opportunities on goal as they had its a minor blessing the score was only 1:0. The feeling around the office this morning is one of disappointment, but hope... World Cup 2010 is only two years away, and the team is on the upswing from its poor start of the century. We've gone from being eliminated in the group stages of the Euro-Cup to, once again, being runners up, and a solid football (soccer) team.

Otherwise, life is good. I played some soccer yesterday evening with people from BFA. I'm a bit sore from that, but I ended up doing a pretty alright job for an American... I made a few quality saves, from shots that should have gone in. On the other hand... the altitude here is definitely higher than at home... (and I'm out of shape, but my official excuse is the altitude). Truth be told, it was a ton of fun to play. Soccer, I still think, is one of the funnest games to play pick-up with a group of friends.

No comments: