Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So. This is my first entry. How should I start? I guess the first thing that I really want to do here is to thank you all ahead of time for keeping up as well as you can, and for your support. This blog is planned in order to keep a record of what goes on while I'm in Germany this summer. My hope is that I'll be able to keep people posted as I go through the whole process- building support, getting to Europe, preparing for camp, and then going through the camp process as it happens. Hopefully I'll have a chance to share some stories, concerns, pictures, and maybe even a few videos through this site.

As I get things underway on this site, I guess there's a few things that I'd like to say.

First: there should be some changes as I actually move over to Europe. For example of the peripherals, like the picture slideshows will be updated with more recent pictures as they become available, and the look and feel will change somewhat as things progress.

Second: The updates to this site will probably come in many different shapes and sizes. Sometimes there will just be short entries: a couple sentences with a short story, or fact, or thought that I had. Other times there will probably be longer more meditative thoughts and ponderings about what is going on. And other times there might be more ***GHASP*** literary posts where I try to express the feel something has to it. (Sorry I'm a recovering English major... please humor me). So hopefully, if everything goes right, this site will be a pretty good way to get different kinds of updates out that wouldn't be possible with just update emails.

I guess thats more than enough for now. I've got to be getting some other stuff done in preperation. Expect more later!

Steve

No comments: