Monday, June 23, 2008

Its time

This will be my last post States-side. Tomorrow I fly off to Europe. I won't be back for about two months. I'm a bit nervous. I have a feeling I won't sleep too well tonight. Even though I know almost everything has been taken care of at this point, I still feel like I'm missing something, or haven't gone over something, or forgot to pack something, or I'll run out of time tomorrow to get one last check through my baggage in.

I won't have a chance to post tomorrow - I fly out of Cleveland at about three in the afternoon. I'll land, first, in Newark, have about a two hour layover, and then make the long night flight to Paris. From Paris I hop a one hour flight to Basel where I'll be picked up.

Its not the flights that are stressful. Its the finality of it. If there is a big point of no return, tomorrow is it. Once I get on that plane and fly off, I'm on my own until I get to Basel. There's no turning back home to pick up something I forgot, no changing plans, and no coming back for two months.

On one hand, I realize that the plans I have are pretty solid, and not too much can go wrong. Even if I forget something, if its necessary I should be able to pick it up in Germany... But I think that anytime you step into the unknown its a bit unsettling until you've begun to adapt.

SO. I'm off in the morning. I hope all is as well as I think it is. I hope I make all my connections. I hope my flights go smoothly. And I hope that I'm in decent enough shape when I land.

See you in Europe.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

good luck Fladda! I am sure you will be fine. Hopefully you will be able to sleep a bit on the flight to paris.