Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Yes sports fans... Its Wednesday. And the week's "Hump Day" (Ie... once you're done you're over the hump). Before delving into my essay of the day I want to thank all of you who have been reading this, or checking in fairly regularly. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers, and can't thank you enough. Its been kind of a rough couple of weeks at the office... for a few different reasons, none of which are either blog worthy, or even really blogable. But, as my analytics package is telling me, there are people reading, and I want to thank you. (ESP. those of you from Cedarville... wow...).


So baseball season starts next week. Its kind of funny... in the states I'm usually not that excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I love a good game of ball... but there's usually other stuff (like the Cavs dominating... although I guess that's true this year) that kind of take precedence. I just found out, though, that MLB.com has got a sweet deal on listening to baseball games over the Internet ($14.99 for a subscription to every ball game this year), and to the best of my knowledge its "On Demand" which means that I can listen to a night game the next day... And the truth is... I love having a ball game on in the background while I work on things. And I love the fact that that's one part of Americana that I don't have to loose touch with. That being said GO TRIBE! (ahh... every sports season in Cleveland starts with Faux-Optimism).


But baseball isn't the only thing on my mind. More importantly the Kids Easter Camp starts next week. Next Thursday is more and more of a deadline, and I'm getting a bit more apprehensive about teaching, especially teaching Middle School kids. I know I can do it, but am, frankly, a bit concerned about how I'll do... That's probably a good thing though, as its a very tangible reminder as to why preparing for something well is important. I'm looking forward to working with the kids though; its a reminder as to why we do what we do in in the English Camp offices. I'm also more and more greatful to the awesome teachers I had at that age, who I can use as an example. As my German teacher's throughout the years for modeling how to teach a second language (Thanks Frau Pariano & Dr. Shaver!). So if you guys would be willing to keep me in prayer as I prep. and then teach that would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

solvi said...

i hope your first days of teaching were good?! i'm sure the kids love you!! =)