Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Curiosity Killed the Cat

DSCN1465Or at least in this case made Steve finally break down and buy the pre-made "hamburgers" from the local grocery store. Why? Truth be told, I like burgers - and its always interesting to experience first hand what different people consider "American" so... I finally broke down and decided to try them (Partly because I figured there'd be an interesting blog post in all of this).

So that was lunch today. I'll be honest: as I made sure I had a clear path to the microwave down the hall, so I wouldn't have to answer any questions, or get harassed (in good nature of course) for having hamburgers for lunch. And I was sweating bullets as the microwave started turning and hoping it tasted moderately better than the gray-colored patty looked.

The verdict: It reminded me a little bit of an oversized White Castle slider. So it wasn't horrible (if you're a White Castle fan... and I am). I don't know if I'd eat it every day... and it definitely didn't scream all beef patty (I read the label and its ground pork... explains the lighter color). But I can't complain too much :-).

No comments: