Monday, March 30, 2009

Kids Camp & Food

Preparations for the Easter "Kids Camp" are officially underway. I guess they probably have been for a little while already, but I've just gotten involved as of the end of last week. I will officially be teaching English for the camp...  which is a first for me. So I'm a little bit apprehensive about that, but overall very excited. I've heard good things about Easter camp, and am really looking forward to being able to take part in one of them.

That also means that come next Thursday I very possibly will have no Internet connection for about a week and a half.  That means that unless I pre-program a few short posts for my blog there'll be about a week and a half of dead-space, followed by a full write up/report on Easter camp.

In other news... I'm loving the availability of cheap food here. Last night after coming home from playing soccer at BFA I raided my refrigerator and had an awesome snack/dinner. German Bread, a little bit of lunch meat, french cheese & something to drink. Total price... my guess is about  $.75  ... in America the price would have been at least doubled. (The cheese I was eating would have been the real killer. 250g, which is just over half a pound here runs about $2.50 I would be shocked if a half pound in the states was under $7).

And the truth is... my eating habits have turned more... European in the past couple of weeks. I'm eating significantly less meat - which isn't a bad thing. I'm actually probably right around the FDA's recommendations (or at least what they were when I had my last health class... yeah PACL). My serving sizes are actually smaller, although I tend to eat a bit more often throughout the day. I'm drinking quite a bit of mineral water. &  Bread... wow... love the bread here, although I always have... its one of the things I always look forward to coming back to.

1 comment:

solvi said...

German bread rocks!!!!!