Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pizza Night

So last night I held a little pizza night get together in my apartment. A couple of friends from the North American missionary community came over and brought their favorite toppings, and I made dough, sauce, & Italian Sausage from scratch. And the truth is, I think we got somewhere close to the American styles we were trying to make (2 Chicago style pizzas  & 2 New York style pizzas).

It was a good time, not just for the food... but its really enjoyable to hang out with peers. Its also kind of a bizarre feeling to celebrate our American culture while in Germany. It was something I noticed last 4th of July while I was here --- having to explain the holiday to a lot of the people around me. But its something, I think, will definitely have to be done again.

No comments: