Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Camp

P4124043 Hi Everyone! I'm back in the office after kids camp. And I'm really beginning to recover. If I can be honest the kids camp, for me was kind of stressful. In fact it was more stressful than most camps. But the truth is, I can honestly say that while I may have been at my weakest God's work was amazing to watch.

It seems like most kids at the camp were touched by God over the week in one way or another. I remember one of the boys sitting quietly on the last night of camp after the chapel service had ended. When I walked over to him he asked whether or not I could pray forP4154312 him: that he would be able to practice what he learned in camp, and that he would be braver and more open about sharing Jesus in his school.

I actually had a chance to be an English Teacher at this camp. Which was a first for me - normally I'm counseling, or doing something else along those lines. So it was an exciting opportunity to be able to work in a different part of the ministry we do. It was also an experience that stretched me. Having never really taught English before, it was definitely a learning experience to try and teach English as a second language (translation... I was pretty darn green as an English teacher, and realize how much more there is to learn about it).

P4164423

It was also a great chance for me to work with a mostly German staff at camp. Normally over the summer we try to fill the staff primarily with people from North America. But I can honestly say that it was a great chance for me to get a different perspective on camp & work with people I would, under normal circumstances, never have the chance to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

steeeve, how did your teaching go?
is that kat on your picture??

Steve said...

Hey... Teaching went... alright. And that is indeed Kat in the picture. Hope you're doing well Solvi!