Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Meetings

Today was a day full of meetings. we kicked the work day off with the weekly English Camp planning meeting. Without divulging too much information, I can honestly say I'm encouraged at what's going on already - and it makes me more anxious for summer to come! I can't wait for the teens to get here. But one step at a time.

We also had an office "Welcome Steve" gathering today, so I could be introduced to the people I didn't know yet, as well as tell the story of how I got here. 

We also had a "camp staff planning meeting" (*disclaimer this is not a direct translation of the German word used), which was conducted entirely in German. I can honestly say I've never been more tired after an hour and fifteen minute long meeting. It all just goes to show my German isn't entirely back yet, (I really don't expect it to be for the next couple of weeks) but it feels good to be working :-), and in a kind of strange way it feels great to be speaking German again.

So - it was kind of a psychologically hard day of meetings: planning, meeting people, having my German tested... But it was a good day nonetheless.

No comments: