Sunday, June 21, 2009

Projects projects everywhere and not a stop to think

Projects, projects everywhere
And oh my braid did shrink...

And to the best of my knowledge I didn't kill an albatross to get into this situation (If you don't get the joke go read the poem "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge).

Its actually just the time of year. Its exciting because camp starts in about 3 weeks. Its kind of freaky because all of the projects that I've been juggling for the past couple of months and working on are due. It actually kind of reminds me of the end of a school year - similar work load, similar shuffling of projects... And the bar has been raised - Its actually nice that I can see the effects of the projects I'm working on and know how they fit into camp's master plan.

I just finished off a project that was hanging over my head yesterday, so I am getting things done. However there are a few that are still concerning me (ie making sure everything is in place for Adventure Day... Need to make a huge shopping trip this week for that). So the physical/mental endurance race is on. I'm trying NOT to work today (at all) just so I can keep at least one day of the week work free --- which should help keep me saner longer :-) .

Otherwise life is good - Really work is crazy, but I generally enjoy what I do... And its realy not any more work intensive than the end of a semester of college - and I know that it ends in a couple of weeks. SO I'm looking forward to the craziness of camp!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the projects, Steve. Interesting that you cope with work by comparing it to college - I find myself doing it a lot too. Will that ever wear off?

Steve said...

Ha ha ha. I don't know --- The way everything was due at once really reminded me of finals. Juggling I dunno how many projects hoping none of them fall. Great to hear from you guys though!