Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back in town


Ok. I feel kind of bad because I haven't had a chance to update in the past two weeks - but there is a good reason for it. Last week I had a chance to take a week off from work and go on a western Mediterranean cruise with some friends of mine. I'm so greatful to have had this opportunity as it basically forced me to take some time, rest, and mentally prepare myself for the onslaught that is the month before English camp. The upside of all of that is that after getting over being tired from travelling, I feel really refreshed, and pretty un-stressed despite the crazy time of year.

The cruise was awesome. We started and ended in Barcelona (go if you ever get the chance... beautiful, beautiful city), then went to Malta (I really want to go back to Malta as well... the prices on everything were pretty afordable, and it was drop dead gorgeous on the island, and very laid back), then three cities in Italy (Naples, Rome, and Livorno/Pisa) where I got to fulfill two of my life's dreams (to see the ruins of Pompeii and Rome), and finally Cannes in the French Riviera.

I'll probably write some of my thoughts on the different cities on the blog in the next week or so and add some pictures as well to get it down. (its a great break from doing work in the evenings), as well as give some updates on what's happening with English Camp prep.

No comments: