Saturday, June 27, 2009

The blustery, blustery day turned into a blustery, blustery night

Actually, that's not entirely true --- we have had some rain in the past few days (a couple of big thunderstorms at that) but I'm talking more about work. We've basically got about one week to get our ducks in a row and then the majority of the planning is over. After next week we've got a week of setting things up and then staff get here.

So it seems like for most of us working on English camp right now, we show up for work in the morning, work at the office until six or seven at night... go home, and then possibly work more. (ok often work more is more like it). So it actually makes sense that I can't wait for English camp to start, not because I don't like what I'm doing now, but because I really want to see the pay off of it.

Its also strange because some of the projects I'm working on (ie our Adventure Day, which, since some campers somewhat regularly frequent this site I'm going to abstain from talking about more) are both at a place where I really feel they are "coming together" but still kind of shaky for a few reasons that are at least partially out of controll (IE finding people to run the game stations... still a little short there... yes campers thats the only clue you're getting as to what Adventure Day will be like this year :-) If I can wait two weeks to show y'all, you can wait two weeks to see it ;-) ).

Ok - I've got to get going, its a beautiful, if slightly overcast, Saturday. I've got things I need to do. possibly some work, definitely some more house cleaning --- probably scrubbing the rest of the bathroom out today... looking forward to that. But before I do I want to leave you guys with some pictures from a video we made yesterday involving a massive hamburger (Slightly over 1 lb of meat) - you can see a short clip of it on Facebook right now, the rest will be posted after camp.

So the first picture is of our English Camp intern Jenny and I as we prepare to dive into our "lunch" She's eating apples and yogurt... I've got the behemouth.
And there it is - a work of beauty a 500g hamburger. T'was a beast. I'll be honest I couldn't eat the whole thing (nor did I really want to for the record). But it was actually a nice change of pace to have a burger for lunch.

2 comments:

Ethan and Queena said...

This summer has been such a busy time for us as well. I'm trying to program mini-vacations into my day. Wish you could join us tonight--we are having a game night with Jesse, my brother and some friends. Keep writing and God Bless! QM

Steve said...

I totally wish I could've joined you guys too! Email me your current number and I'll give you a call sometime!