Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lost in Translation

Ok... I'll be honest - I'm writing this to get away from doing "work" for a little bit. I know it sounds bad, but let me explain. I'm in the middle of translating this year's camp devotional book from German into English so that the staff members coming from North America will have a chance to read what the kids are reading during their morning devotional time. Truth be told I need a rest - and I'm planning on putting in a couple hours after the end of the work day anyways. I just need some time to pull my mind out of the Danglisch-soup that it has been swimming in the for the past few hours.

Its actually been a really great exercise for me. Its been a while since I actually had to sit down and work through translation, and its stretching my German skills... and I'm man enough to admit that I need the stretching right now. And I'm glad that we'll have the translation this year - I think it will help some of the staff who are coming immensely in aiding campers in their spiritual growth.

My desk is, at this point, covered with pens, papers, highlighters, notebooks, my bible, bottles of mineral water, the odd box of assorted chocolates, headphones - it looks like I'm digging in for siege warfare at the office. Umm... sadly thats probably exactly what the next few months are gonna be like... BRING IT ON!

No comments: