Thursday, May 21, 2009

Its Sad...

I think I'm starting to turn into my parents. Today was a national holiday in Germany - do you know what I ended up doing... Cleaning. (Although I did sleep in). So yeah... I spent a solid couple of hours washing the floors in my apartment, doing laundry, running the dishwasher... and other household things.

That being said, I did find some time to devote to cooking --- I've been on a pizza kick lately (which Jim Budlong inadvertently started me on when we went out for Pizza the other week). Its been every couple of days that I'll try something else. Usually, since they're so cheap, I'll go and grab some plain cheese pizzas frozen pizzas from the store down the road (its like 2.50 for 3 of them... and they're better quality than the cheap American ones you'll find in the grocery store). Its a great thing to have around to "throw" in the oven if I don't have time in the evening to cook. And I usually use whatever I've got around as toppings. So since I had a little bit more time today I decided to go all-out and make Pizza, pretty much, from scratch (I cheated and used already purred tomatoes as the base for my sauce). And I do have to say that I'm getting better at it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

An interesting looking pizza, I must say. Not good, not bad ... interesting.

Unknown said...

And I wouldn't be "sad" about turning into your parents. They're pretty cool.

Although I know what you meant ...

Steve said...

Yeah, thanks for the uhh... postive feedback on the pizza (not the best picture of it, but I was kind of lazy so I didn't check before I started eating).