Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Earthquake...

So an earthquake tore through this area at about 3:40 in the morning. Woke me up... actually I woke up screaming in a cold sweat (no joke - true story). It was bizarre. So far as I know no damage was done to anything. It was about a 3.5 on the Richter scale... and its epicenter wasn't very far from town. After the quake the birds were going nuts - the downside of that was it was like having an alarm clock going outside my window at 4 am... Needless to say I didn't get much sleep the rest of the night.

Now... today is also my 2 month anniversary of getting here. Kind of exciting I guess. Doenner Kebab tonight to celebrate. I haven't had one since the day I got here, and I've been looking for an excuse to go get one for a while :-). 

2 comments:

Julia B. said...

there's no excuse needed for celebrating the deliciousness of a döner ;)

Steve said...

I guess you're right. Doenner is delicious... I'm just cheap ;-)