Sunday, May 24, 2009

Information travels faster in the modern age

So I'm more and more intrigued by the myriad of different uses for your "Status" on Facebook - Despite the whining every time it changes the constantly updated Facebook is actually 10 times more powerful than it used to be. With the changes they've made it feels more like microblogging "Twitter" style than its more stalker-site early iterations. The move to a more communal feel, strategically, makes sense. In the dog eat dog world of flash in the pan internet fads, you've got to keep up with the new competition.

That being said - living away from home (with an ocean in between me and most of the family) I've actually gotten more feedback on Facebook than I have with the blog... Which in a way isn't all that surprising. Its kind of nice to keep up the bater

Oh... and something interestin for the record... The Analytics package for my blog is now telling me that I'm getting as many hits from Germany as the US right now - so campers who are reading this good job (I guess ;-) )... folks back home... whats the deal here?!?! I start a blog to keep you all in the loop of whats going on with my trans-atlantic existence, and you bail on me? I'm feeling existential angst (or maybe not). Seriously though if you're checking this and you know me feel free to leave comments! (nice to know if when you're reading :-) ).

1 comment:

Ethan and Queena said...

Hi Steve! Queena here. This supporter has just become the newest faithful-reader-of-Steve's-blog. We love you man!