Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Victory


Germany won the baseball game against France today 11:1. All is right in the universe. Actually, in all honesty, it felt like watching a high school game back home. The only thing keeping the fans from the players was a line of chain-link fencing, and the dugout walls, there was nothing to keep foul balls from screaming over our heads, and neither team looked all that good, which I guess is understandable due to Baseball's dearth of popularity over here. (Although Germany looked considerably better than France).
In other news. Today was also the big push to get all of the dinner rolls and pies done. When I left Palmgarten this afternoon the pies were done, and there was only about a double batch of dinner rolls left to flash freeze. (Not bad considering I made 7 double batches of our dough recipe this morning). It was actually a really good time. We ended up getting some help from a work team thats here from Canada, and some BFA kids who live in town.
I'm constantly amazed at how awesome the BFA kids are - I've had a chance to work with a solid handful now between different times I've been to English camp, and I always, always come away amazed at how great they are to work with.

No comments: