Saturday, July 19, 2008


The door is open and I'm listening to campers that I'm going to have to bust in the next few minutes for being too loud again. One full day of camp is over. Despite a few road-bumps, it still feels great to be here.

Its always a pretty honest answer to tell campers that their camp is not better or worse than the last one, only different. Unfortunately I think if I tell the next group that, it may be a lie. I know I posted yesterday that I knew over half the kids at this camp. The truth of the matter is that if I made a list of all of the previous campers who I'd worked with, who would still be eligible to come to camp, this camp would have the vast majority of them all in one place. I'm constantly being blessed by the kids and the other staff, despite my shortcomings.

1 comment:

Johnius said...

I'm praying for you, Steve-o. Take care. We have a lot of catching up to do. Try to find me on Skype sometime.