Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Process and the Human Touch

I'm constantly amazed at how in-depth the process of "raising support" can be. I think one of the common misconceptions, especially from people who have done a couple of short term trips, is that all you do is send out a bunch of letters and pray that God provides the funds. Of course sending out letters is one part of it, but as I'm looking through my list of people to send letters to and contact, the amount of "personal interaction" that I plan on doing is increasing. And that's not a bad thing, not at all. For instance, I've been going through a list of close friends contacting them about prayer support, and how they can be praying for me through this process, and that has been incredibly encouraging. For example, when I called my friend John a couple of days ago about prayer support, his immediate response was incredible enthusiasm! And that is infectious.

No comments: