Friday, August 1, 2008

A new beginning

Sorry I haven't updated in so long - the end of last camp got kind of crazy, especially with only one computer with internet access avaliable. Hopefully this camp will go better with that. The first camp is over, sadly, but the second one began yesterday. So after a few days of rest, we're back in the saddle again. And it feels good. Yesterday night I policed the halls until about 12:30, busting kids for talking past lights out. Its a strange kind of power-trip ;-) .

But seriously. I have a good feeling about this camp. Getting to know the kids, so far, has been great. Its a totally different game when you don't know most of them from the onset - so much more of this camp will be forging new relationships with kids, rather than building relationships further. There are a few kids that I know here from three years ago, and its been really nice to seem them again, especially since they've grown up in the meantime.

Alright. I have to get going, but I'll hopefully post more later. Oh... and the slide show should now be pictures from last camp!

No comments: