Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lost & Found

So I've neglected the old blog for the past ten days. And for that I sincerely apologize. Camp is kind like triage - you have to rank your priorities, and realize that somethings (with the workload) are lost battles and are only going to wear you out more. Last camp was brutal insofar as I couldn't just sit around and listen for kids being loud - I had to bust down doors and tell them to be quiet... until at least 11:30. Then wake up at 7 the next morning and repeat the whole process. I'm not saying that to whine. I totally enjoy "the whole process" the downside of it is, if I'm honest, there are other things that for my own sanity's sake had to fall by the wayside. The blog was one of them.

Camps been over now for a week. I've been trying to get stuff put back in order with Janz Team, and I think I'm done with that. I've also had some meeting about possibly coming back for a more extended time next year - which would be fantastic. I really love working with the people I worked with this summer, and I really love the work. Its been a great experience, even if I don't get a chance to come back, this summer is something I wouldn't change for anything.

Camp has been over for a week, and I think I'm starting to get a good piece of my energy back. I'm enjoying the area I'm in... Its beautiful, and to be able to be out on some hiking trails after a five minute's walk is awesome. I spent a day exploring a park with some rock-formations, and it was an awesome escape from the constant hustle of camp. (Even though, if I'm honest, I really do miss the hustle). But the area here is great. Its still Baden, and that means great food, great people, beautiful vineyards, beautiful scenery... etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant imagine a steve that doesnt look like he would immediately fall asleep :D just kidding this might be a working disease at ecamp ;)
it would be so great to see you next year too!! first session marzell be there okay?!!
julia