Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Its still snowing

This is honestly the longest I can remember snow staying on the ground here - I realize that other places in the world its normal for the ground to be covered in snow from the beginning of Winter until Spring. Here, near Cleveland, the ground gets covered, and then the snow melts at least a couple of times each year. This year its been different: we had one huge snowstorm in early January, and I haven't seen the grass since. Last night we got dumped on again by a massive front.

In Germany news - I'm inching closer and closer to my support goal, and am hoping to leave the States sometime in later February... The whole process of support raising, in a lot of ways, is nerve wracking - there is so much of it that I have little or no control over. I can work at it, but in the end, really, there is no guarantee that any kind of time line will be met. Don't take this as complaining though, its really not meant as it. The other side of the coin is that the support raising process has been a way in which I've been able to see the goodness of God, as well as the generosity of His people - both are things that are deeply humbling.

No comments: