Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ok...

So its been WAYYYYY too long since I've updated it. For good cause --- I think. Things got kind of crazy towards the end of English Camp and are just now, this week, really starting to slow down. There's actually a lot of cool stuff happening that I feel really fortunate to be able to be part of, and things I/We are looking into doing. More information on that coming in a later post.

I really feel its kind of necessary to write a brief post now summing up what happened at English Camp this year, and then later this week writing a longer one (With lots of pictures of course) with more information about the specifics of what happened at camp.

In a word camp was AWESOME. I'm always amazed at how God uses these times for so many different purposes. I would guess that on average about 75% would already consider themselves as Christians. We move a total of about 200 kids through our regional camp program each summer. That means at a conservative estimate about 50 of those kids are not... Our conservative estimates (understand that these numbers are in no way OFFICIAL but come from talking to different directors etc.) have the number of first time decisions for Jesus at about 15... that means about 1/3 of the kids who came not professing to already have accepted Jesus found him this summer. Now I realize that not all these decisions will stick (yes I've read the parable of the sower... yes I'm definitely a realist, and yes I also realize that not all of the kids claiming to already be Christians really are). BUT IF THAT DOESN'T GET YOU FIRED UP TO GO TO WORK... seriously I don't know what would.

Oh... and that doesn't in any way shape or form reflect recommittments, rededications, or any other kids of decision... JUST a first time decisions to accept Christ as Savior. More to come later... (stories... specific stories).

Hopefully in the next few days I'll give a more full picture of what happened at the two camps I was at... Show some pictures, and share some stories.

No comments: